The spheres are in their most pure form, with no surface functionalization, coatings or colorants added. Crosslinked polystyrene is inert, chemically stable, and safe for handling. The primary safety precaution is minimizing inhalation of dust for particles less than 10 micron in diameter.
Shelf life is 3 years for unopened products and 1 year after the product has been opened.
These particles are offered as a dry powder, making them suitable for easy use in a wide variety of applications.
- Glass Transition Temperature: Tg~ 160°C
- Density: ~1.07g/cc
- Refractive index: ~1.6
- Compression strength: ~ 1.5mN
- Solvent resistance: Particles will swell to some degree in many organic solvents, like benzene, toluene, some esters, higher ketones, methylene
chloride and other chlorinated solvents. Stable in aqueous solvents and
alcohols such as methanol, ethanol, or iso-propanol.
- Surface properties: Surface appears smooth under high magnification Scanning Electron Microscopy.
- Particle Size: >90% particles in specified size range
- Sphericity: >95% particles are spherical