Janus particles are microspheres with dual-functionality. We specialize in creating hemispherical coatings on microspheres of any material with diameters greater than 45micron. Custom colors, cores, sizes can be made as a special order.
The spheres were originally developed for very high tolerance electronic
digital displays where functionalized janus microspheres are used to create an
image that appears to the viewer.
Produced under Cosphreic Pat. 8,501,272
- Core: Solid polymer microspheres, custom colors by request
- Hemispherical Coating: Specified color (30-50% coverage), custom colors by request
- Diameter: >90% of particles in specified size range. Currently 45um is the smallest diameter we offer with hemispherical coating
- Shape: >90% spherical particles
- Reactivity: Inert in most solvents
- Temperature Stability: 90°C
- Provided as a dry powder.
Liquid seal for compact micropiston actuation at the capillary tip, Antoine Barbot, Maura Power, Florent Seichepine, Guang-Zhong Yang, Science Advances, 27 May 2020: Vol. 6, no. 22.
Three-dimensional authentication and identification methods, devices, and
systems, Vladimir Mancevski, Paul Frederick McClure, Frank Nicholas Bruno, Authenticate, LLC, WO EP US US10402831B2.